Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Low Priority] Is there a smoother way to use CSS classes in Twine 2.0.3/Harlowe

Right now I'm using HTML, like Moses carved the tablets:
<span class="thing">text</span>
But I'm looking back enviously at obsolete documentation for past versions of Twine, when I could have done it like this:
@@.thing;text@@
Is there a way to do it more like this in 2.0.3/Harlowe that I'm missing?

Comments

• The notes on the next release of Harlowe (1.1.0) has a new (css:) macro which seems to do what you want. Information about a downloadable version of Twine 2.03 with a beta copy of Harlowe 1.1.0 can be found in this post

[quote]
    But I'm looking back enviously at obsolete documentation for past versions of Twine

I would not call that documentation 'obsolete' because many new projects are still being created with Twine 1.x *smile*
  • greyelf wrote:

The notes on the next release of Harlowe (1.1.0) has a new (css:) macro which seems to do what you want. Information about a downloadable version of Twine 2.03 with a beta copy of Harlowe 1.1.0 can be found in this post

Good to know. Not urgent enough to move away from a stable build, but good to know all the same.

greyelf wrote:
    I would not call that documentation 'obsolete' because many new projects are still being created with Twine 1.x *smile*

I can see why. I've been tempted to roll back myself.