Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about story list colors

So this is probably a dumb question, but it's been bugging me for a while... What do the colors on the story list mean? I mean, I've figured out by now that the circles represent passages, and the larger ones represent passages with a lot of text in them, but what's up with the colors? I have several projects going right now and all but one are various shades of green... While the first one is an array of purple! I've just been really curious and haven't been able to find any information on this.
(I'm talking about the little thumbnail that represents each story in the list.)

Comments

• So this is probably a dumb question, but it's been bugging me for a while... What do the colors on the story list mean? I mean, I've figured out by now that the circles represent passages, and the larger ones represent passages with a lot of text in them, but what's up with the colors? I have several projects going right now and all but one are various shades of green... While the first one is an array of purple! I've just been really curious and haven't been able to find any information on this.
    (I'm talking about the little thumbnail that represents each story in the list.)

Yeah I get what you're on about. I wonder that too. Sometimes I think it's random, and don't mean nothing? I dunno.
  • Deadshot wrote: »
    So this is probably a dumb question, but it's been bugging me for a while... What do the colors on the story list mean? I mean, I've figured out by now that the circles represent passages, and the larger ones represent passages with a lot of text in them, but what's up with the colors? I have several projects going right now and all but one are various shades of green... While the first one is an array of purple! I've just been really curious and haven't been able to find any information on this.

Yeah I get what you're on about. I wonder that too. Sometimes I think it's random, and don't mean nothing? I dunno.
    See, I thought that too, at first. But 75% of my stories are green, and it just doesn't sit right with me. So I ran a bit of an experiment, starting a bunch of random stories, and there DOES seem to be a pattern. As far as I can tell, it's the title that does it, but I don't know for sure why. My best guess is it changes based on the number of different letters or symbols there are in the name, hence why the color scheme doesn't seem to change much as the stories get longer. Single letter names are always green, and a question mark always comes out yellow. I wrote a string of random letters and got blue. I guess it's cool that each story gets it's own unique image, but I'm getting tired of green!
    Anyway. I guess I've, kind of answered my own question? I'm still curious what the algorithm is for this, but I guess it doesn't matter.
  • Deadshot wrote: »

See, I thought that too, at first. But 75% of my stories are green, and it just doesn't sit right with me. So I ran a bit of an experiment, starting a bunch of random stories, and there DOES seem to be a pattern. As far as I can tell, it's the title that does it, but I don't know for sure why. My best guess is it changes based on the number of different letters or symbols there are in the name, hence why the color scheme doesn't seem to change much as the stories get longer. Single letter names are always green, and a question mark always comes out yellow. I wrote a string of random letters and got blue. I guess it's cool that each story gets it's own unique image, but I'm getting tired of green!
    Anyway. I guess I've, kind of answered my own question? I'm still curious what the algorithm is for this, but I guess it doesn't matter.

Yeah it is kinda cool. I think if you ask @klembot he could help you; he put up a beta for a new version of twine, so he must have something to do with the making of twine, right?