Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video demo of my multi media Twine

Hey there
I wanted to share my video of a Twine game I was developing. I am actually going to stop producing it on the Twine engine because I want to make it playable on mobile devices, but I thought I would share it anyway because I thought it was a pretty awesome representation of how far you can stretch the boundaries of this engine.
Here are some screen caps
butt2_zpsjsq7utz5.jpg58_zps6fskuwuh.jpg14291786_1661156140862787_7474517765152402061_n.jpg?oh=9208f66adf03bcbe48afa893a861a53a&oe=589BCDA114359030_1661156127529455_2537772720334916086_n.jpg?oh=9f50f7e4311299bcdfed661933693b89&oe=58D4C25C

You can watch the demo in action Here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=MIi-WN42s10

Comments

• This looks really advanced!
    What version of Twine and story format did you use?

And what are you planning to use now that you are moving away from Twine? (Asking because I am interested in experimenting with Twine/Unity integration)
  • edited November 2016
    Hey Melyanna,
    I used Twine 2.0.11
    And I used the Sugarcube 2 format.

What you are seeing here is html, java, and css (alot of image mapping and stacking)
    working in unison with the variable and control scripting.

I am going to use Construct 2 for further development, mainly because I want this to be available on mobile devices.
  • Hey Melyanna,
    I used Twine 2.0.11
    And I used the Sugarcube 2 format.

What you are seeing here is html, java, and css (alot of image mapping and stacking)
    working in unison with the variable and control scripting.

I am going to use Construct 2 for further development, mainly because I want this to be available on mobile devices.

Thank you for the info.
    And great job with stretching Twine's capabilities so much, it's truly amazing what it can do (though I do think moving to a system that supports mobile is a good idea)
  • This is amazing, great job!

I guess you'll probably have to redo everything from scratch if moving to Construct, did you consider running your game on mobile in a WebView?
    My point is, given that you pushed Twine usage that far, I guess you would be capable of making this an hybrid app.
  • Aniki wrote: »
    This is amazing, great job!

I guess you'll probably have to redo everything from scratch if moving to Construct, did you consider running your game on mobile in a WebView?
    My point is, given that you pushed Twine usage that far, I guess you would be capable of making this an hybrid app.

Thank you :)
    I have tried that route and ran some tests, but it is hard to make it work without being awkward. For example, at the current resolution of my images, they are far too big on a mobile screen so you have to scroll. If I made them a smaller resolution for the mobile, then It looks really small if people are playing on the computer browser. I was trying codes that are supposed to automatically adapt the resolutions depending on the device being used, but I could not get them to work. The only thing that really works is if I coded two separate twines using different image resolutions for each version (mobile and desktop), far more work than necessary.

But regardless, switching to Construct is going to save me time and allow me to put the game on mobile markets and hopefully gain revenue.
  • Aniki wrote: »
    This is amazing, great job!

Sorry, I missed a keyword in your question
    "Hybrid'
    Actually I have not looked into Hybrid app developments. That could actually be a possibility. Any suggestions on where to start as far as learning/building a hybrid app?
  • ...building a hybrid app?
    Two possible solutions are Apache Cordova or Adobe PhoneGap (they are related projects)

If you search for "PhoneGap" on the forums you will find some threads related to the topic, they are light on details.
  • greyelf wrote: »
    ...building a hybrid app?
    Two possible solutions are Apache Cordova or Adobe PhoneGap (they are related projects)

If you search for "PhoneGap" on the forums you will find some threads related to the topic, they are light on details.

Thank you very much. I will definitely look into that and see what I can accomplish :)

I highly appreciate the suggestion.