Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I link stories together? Cut and paste? and story length questions

Hi all,

I'm working on a couple of projects in Twine 2 Sugarcube, using the Bookish format.

I've read that there is no limit on story length, but I'm at around 12,000 words on one project, and am just starting the 2nd chapter of an IF book that will have probably 10 - 12 "chapters." It's being retooled from a conventional book manuscript, and that is around 45,000 words at the half way point. So this project will probably end up in the 100,00 - 120,000 word range in Twine.

At this length I'm already starting to have issues...for example, when I try to duplicate the story, it takes over 10 minutes (if it even works--half the time it locks up my computer. Windows 8, 4 year old model)

I'd also like to be able to offer this as a serial until it's finished. So you can buy/read the first chapter, and then the other chapters would be added as they are finished. Is it possible to write each chapter as a separate story, and then somehow link those into a single "file" later on? This would make everything easier because the story interface would not be so complicated!

And also, is there a way to cut and paste an entire story at once? So far it looks like only one passage at a time, which is out of the question with hundreds of passages!

Thanks!