Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

side bar

How can I add information to the side bar? I want to add a stat system there. im using SugarCube v2.0.0-beta.4
im a noob and know it

http://i60.tinypic.com/xkyxci.jpg

Comments

• Use StoryCaption for this.
    Just create a passage in the editor (the blue screen where we build things) called StoryCaption.

What ever you put in there (within certain limits) should show up.
  • thanks Sage :D
  • The documentation for SugarCube 2.x might be useful, and specifically the special passage names (of which StoryCaption is one).
  • @TheMadExile
    So wait... can I just put EVERY VARIABLE I HAVE in the StoryInit? And then I don't need to initialize before use later?
  • ALSO... not trying to hijack the thread... but why did you drop StoryIncludes? It seems like just TODAY someone was asking about being able to separate things into folders. Seems helpful to me.
  • Sage wrote: »
    So wait... can I just put EVERY VARIABLE I HAVE in the StoryInit? And then I don't need to initialize before use later?
    Yes. You still need to use the <<set>> macro, but yes. It's also silent, unless there are errors, so you can space out your blocks of sets to make things easier to read. For example:
    /*
    	Flags.
    */
    <<set
    $hasRedKey   to false;
    $hasSkullKey to false;
    >>

/*
    	Player character stats.
    */
    <<set
    $strength     to 1;
    $dexterity    to 1;
    $intelligence to 1;
    $health       to 1;
    >>

/*
    	Other stuff, I don't even know!
    */
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sage wrote: »
    ALSO... not trying to hijack the thread... but why did you drop StoryIncludes? It seems like just TODAY someone was asking about being able to separate things into folders. Seems helpful to me.
    I didn't, it's a compiler passage (i.e. used only by Twine/Twee/TweeGo/whatever, means nothing to story formats) which is not supported by Twine 2*.

Is the heading it's listed under, Compiler Passages (not meaningful to story formats, listed only for completeness), unclear or did you gloss over it? Honest question, if it's unclear, then I can try to make it more explicit.

* Mind you, while previously unable to load external files easily, there's no technical reason Twine 2 couldn't have included other Twine 2 stories by name (since, whatever version, it has always had access to the stories it manages). That's a question/feature request for CK, however.
  • edited June 2015
    Is the heading it's listed under, Compiler Passages (not meaningful to story formats, listed only for completeness), unclear or did you gloss over it? Honest question, if it's unclear, then I can try to make it more explicit.

Actually it wasn't the header. It was the following:

StoryIncludes
    Twine 1: Used to include other Twine (.tws) or Twee (.twee, .tw) source files during compilation.
    Twine 2: Unsupported.

And I thought: WHY?!!! That sounds so helpful.

So... Gloss, I guess is the answer.
  • Went ahead and updated them to be a bit more explicit anyway.