Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installing Sugar Cube?

I Downloaded A Story And I Tried To Edit It Using Twine 2, The Story Is Often Updated (With The Last Update I Think 3 Weeks Ago) And It Has "Made With Twine & Sugar Cube" And I Have Found A .js File Named Sugar Cube And I Tried To Install It, I Got An Looping Loading Wheel. But I Noticed That Sugar Cube Is A Format Like Snowman. So My Question Is. How To (If You Can) Install Sugar Cube/What Is Sugar Cube. Also Any Ideas Of How To Open The Story File? (.Html)

Comments

• A story format defines the default look of a story, it defines the macro language syntax and the list of default macros and features available, it also defines if those macros/features are extendible by the Author.

SugarCube 1 is one of the story formats that come with Twine 2.

Your first issue is determining which version of Twine (1 or 2) and SugarCube (1 or 2) was the story HTML file was created with. If the story was created using Twine 2 and SugarCube 1 then you don't need to install the story format. If it was created using Twine 2 and SugarCube 2 then you will need to install that story format.

If the story was created using Twine 1 then you have two options:

1. Convert the Twine 1 story HTML file into a Twine 2 archive file using TheMadExile's Twine 1 compiled HTML to Twine 2 archive converter found on the SugarCube 1 website

2. Download and install Twine 1, then download and install the correct SugarCube story format (1 or 2), then use Twine's Import feature.

I have not written out detail instructions because I don't know which story HTML you are trying to edit, so I don't know which version of Twine and SugarCube you need.