Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An error occurred while building your story.

I'm using 1.4.2 on OS X Yosemite. My twine is a tarot-style "devination deck" that allows to player to shuffle and deal "glyphs" in a fortune-telling context. My original twine file had about 200 imported images, which have since been entirely removed (they are no longer on the storyboard). "Shuffle" and image display functions now call out to an external image folder. I recently installed <<bgm>> and <<fsyoutube>> macros, which seemed to precipitate this error, but removing their script passages and removing references to them from the story hasn't helped. Other twine stories are building and testing fine.

Other things I've tried without success:
- deleting and reinstalling Twine from a fresh download
- renaming the story "Untitled" and saving it in a different location
- deleting the @import line that imported a Google Font (also a recent change)

When building:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "storyframe.pyc", line 917, in rebuild
File "tiddlywiki.pyc", line 143, in toHtml
NameError: global name 'noDefaultCSS' is not defined

When attempting to test:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "storyframe.pyc", line 907, in rebuild
File "tiddlywiki.pyc", line 143, in toHtml
NameError: global name 'noDefaultCSS' is not defined

Comments

• Unfortunately line numbers change when a Python code file is compiled, so it is hard to check exactly which piece of code is failing. (According to the source code that line is a break statement. lol)

Would you be willing to add a copy of your TWS file (I don't need the external images) to an ZIP file and upload it to a file hosting site (of your choice) and PM'ing me a link to it so I can download and debug the build process?
  • ACTUALLY you just pointing me to the right line fixed the issue:
    if jquery and modernizr and not blankCSS:
                    break

StorySettings special passage had jquery and modernizr on and blankcss off. Idk why this broke my story and there were no warnings about it, but here we are. Hopefully someone else will be able to avoid this error in future.