Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Removing border from links

Hey all,

Twine 2 Harlowe
I'm running into a bit of trouble trying to remove borders like this:
j24jjFB.png
From my game.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• edited October 2015
    From looking at your image I can tell that you have used your own custom CSS to style the story.

The default CSS of Harlowe does not add a border to hyperlinks (markup or macro based), so either your own custom CSS is doing it or the web-browser it-self is doing it. (like some browsers do if you right click on a hyperlink)

What action causes the border to appear? (active,hover,right-click, etc..)
    Which web-browser are you using when you see it?
    Are you using a mobile device when you see it?
    Could you supply a copy of your custom CSS for someone to look at to determine if it is adding the border?
  • Click and holding causes the border to appear, I think it's a default thing because this exists in the unmodified CSS as well.

The browser I'm using is Chrome.

My CSS is really simple and I have not added or removed anything which I can see is related to borders
    @import url(https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Vollkorn:400);
    @import url(https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Volkhov);

Body{
    	background-color: rgb(28, 28, 28)
    }

tw-sidebar{
    	display: none
    }

tw-story {
    	font-family: 'Vollkorn', serif;
    	font-size: 140%;
    	color: rgb(158, 158, 149)
    }

tw-link {font-weight: normal; color: white}
    tw-link:hover {color:rgb(255, 255, 218)}
    tw-link.visited {font-weight: normal; color: white}
    tw-link.visited:hover {color:rgb(255, 255, 218)}
    tw-link.enchantment-link:hover{color:rgb(255, 255, 218)}
    tw-enchantment.link tw-hook {font-weight: normal; color: white}

• I think the CSS you want is "outline: none", but this has real accessibility issues and so I would recommend leaving it as-is.
  • xamaxific wrote: »
    Click and holding causes the border to appear, I think it's a default thing because this exists in the unmodified CSS as well.
    That border is being added by the web-browser itself (not Harlowe) as part of it's accessibility support.
  • Well, if I can't modify that then so be it, it's not game breaking so I'm fine with leaving it in. It just bugs me out.