Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2.0.9 clean install on 64-bit Linux - "story format Harlowe could not be loaded"

I had a look at the debug console (Shift-Ctrl-Alt-D), and saw that it's getting net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND. The URI it's trying to access is:

file:///tmp/.org.chromium.Chromium.FiFgpj/storyformats/Harlowe/format.js?callback=storyFormat&_=14447959245114

I clicked on the link in the debug console output, and got a blank file in the "Sources" tab of the Developer Tools window.

So I went to look in /tmp/.org.chromium.FiFgpj/storyformats/Harlowe and I found a file called "format.js", but not a file called "format.js?callback=storyFormat&_=14447959245114".

This is a regression relative to the 64-bit Linux build of Twine 2.0.8, which finds its story formats just fine running on the same computer.

Comments

• PeterBlack wrote: »
    file:///tmp/.org.chromium.Chromium.FiFgpj/storyformats/Harlowe/format.js?callback=storyFormat&_=14447959245114

So I went to look in /tmp/.org.chromium.FiFgpj/storyformats/Harlowe and I found a file called "format.js", but not a file called "format.js?callback=storyFormat&_=14447959245114".
    @PeterBlack FYI:
    The application is using a URL to open the story format file (format.js), the question mark in the URL indicates that there are parameters (eg. callback=storyFormat&_=14447959245114) to be pass to the format.js file once it has been opened in the application's built-in HTML render. (think custom web-browser)
  • 2.0.10 is displaying the same issue as 2.0.9 on the same system.

Interestingly, if I manually tell Twine to open the unpacked story formats in /tmp/.org.chromium.Chromium.randomletters/storyformats/name/format.js with the "Add a New Format" button of the Formats dialog, it works fine.