Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem with Sugarcube 2.0.0 on Mobile.

Greetings everyone!

I seem to have a problem with Sugarcube 2.0.0 on Twine 1.4.2 . I have decided to retest my game on mobile. Apparently, when I stared playing and clicked to save. It would say this:
Apologies! Your browser either lacks the capabilites required to support saves or has been disabled them, so saves have been disabled for this reason

The former may, probably, be solved by upgrading your browser. The latter may be solved by loosening its security restrictions or, perhaps, by viewing the game via the HTTP protocol

When I first experienced it, I made it into an Android app using Crosswalk. I figured it must have been something with Crosswalk so I put it on a site and tested it on Chrome and Firefox Mobile. Same response. THEN I tried Chrome Dev. Guess What? Same Response.

So I was wondering, what am I missing? Am I missing a script? Am I doing something wrong here? Do I need something else? Did I screw up?

Yes I know...alot of questions.

Please and thank you for your help.

Comments

• edited December 2015
    May I assume the Crosswalk you're referring to is the Crosswalk Project? If so, that seems odd. According to Crosswalk's web API support documentation, it supports all the requisite APIs.

When you say, "[…] I put it on a site and tested it on Chrome and Firefox Mobile", I assume you mean the basic compiled HTML file generated by Twine?

What is "Chrome Dev"?

Is this thing available someplace for testing?
  • What is "Chrome Dev"?
    Maybe it is Chrome Dev for Android
  • greyelf wrote: »
    What is "Chrome Dev"?
    Maybe it is Chrome Dev for Android

Should have been a bit more explanatory on that one, my apologies. But yes, that is basically it. Chrome Dev for Android.
    May I assume the Crosswalk you're referring to is the Crosswalk Project? If so, that seems odd. According to Crosswalk's web API support documentation, it supports all the requisite APIs.

That is also what I found odd too. I figure it would work. But yes, I was referring to the Crosswalk Project.
    When you say, "[…] I put it on a site and tested it on Chrome and Firefox Mobile", I assume you mean the basic compiled HTML file generated by Twine?

Yes. Both HTML file standalone and placing it on my testing live site. Again, I was not explaining things well. Which is very odd.
    Is this thing available someplace for testing?

It is uploaded to this post. The .apks and original html file that came with it. It has been zipped for people's convenience.
  • Since I could not edit the post for a reason. Here is the link to the site I tested it on Android. I should have said this in the first post. I apologize for not saying this right away.
  • Update: I had some time this morning, so I setup Crosswalk for Windows. I cannot replicate the issue in that, so that's a bust. I'll try this on my Kindle later.

FYI: Your "uploadGameJolt" macro is not compatible with SugarCube as-is (I assume you downloaded it from GameJolt Trophies/Scores for Twine). It was written for the Twine 1 vanilla story formats. It doesn't look like it would be hard to fix—it seems like it's only a wrapper around the normal Game Jolt API library by Maus. It also seems to be an older version, or maybe you've removed features.
  • Update #2: The problem seems to be a snafu on my part where mobile devices are concerned. Basically, the UI decides that saves are not possible even when everything necessary is available.

I'll publish an update fixing that soon.
  • edited December 2015
    A new SugarCube 2 release (v2.1.0) has been published, which should resolve this issue. Please try it out and let me know.

You'll still need to update your "uploadGameJolt" macro though.
  • It does work! Thank you very much TheMadExile.