Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Publishing Twine 2 games on blogger?

edited November 2015 in Help! with 2.0
Re. the claim on the home page that games made with Twine can be published virtually anywhere, I have a few questions.

If I was to set up a blog at blogger, how would I go about giving readers access to my games. Could I host the games there somehow, or would I have to host them at a dedicated server and link to them that way?

Blogger does allow html in their posts, but I'm not sure what would happen if I just pasted the whole html of a game into a post.

Comments

• Hey,

Looks like we're in the same boat. I'm also looking to publish my game under Blogger, but from my understanding of the way Blogger works (I manage a blog there) I don't think it will work.

As far as I can tell Blogger uses XML as its code. Their code still has HTML/CSS, but uses proprietary code like <b:widget> or <b:if> that only Blogger can understand. This makes Blogger's code unusable in standard web platforms (i.e. Wordpress) and vice-versa without heavy modification.

To answer your question more directly, if you simply paste the HTML of your Twine game into the Blogger HTML editor, it won't work since Blogger doesn't exactly understand how standard HTML/CSS works (crazy, I know).

Of course, I'm pretty sure you know this at this point, but there is Philome.la you can use. It's a free Twine hosting service which I also now use to host my games.

--tbg
  • Thanks, thatBeatsguy.