Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Color Specific Text? [Snowman 1.2]

edited January 2016 in Help! with 2.0
Heyo! I'd like to learn how to color specific text; dialogue, character names, places, etc.

I know this question may be trivial, but I would very much appreciate any help offered!

Edit: Would it be possible to reveal color when the player hovers their mouse over it?

Comments

• The Snowman 2 overview has a number of examples on how to create a div element with an id and/or CSS class name.
    eg.
    [
    This appears onscreen.
    ]{#id}

[
    This appears onscreen.
    ]{.className}

[
    This appears onscreen.
    ]{#id.className}

... once you have done that you can use CSS rules in your Story Stylesheet to style those div elements.

1. Add the following to your passage
    John says: [Whats a nice girl like you doing here?]{.john}

Jane says: [Who says I', a nice girl?]{.jane}

2. Add the following CSS to the Story Stylesheet area
    .john {color: brown;}
    .jane {color: green;}

• Thank you, greyelf. How can I code for specific colors? Hex code and RGB aren't working.

And would it be possible to hide color from text until the mouse hovers over it?
  • You can use any valid CSS within the Story Stylesheet area, so you can use the :hover pseudo-class when defining a CSS selector if you want that rule to be applied only when the mouse cursor is over the associated div element.

The following CSS rule uses a hexadecimal colour and will cause Jane's statement to change when the mouse cursor is over it.
    .jane:hover {color: #FF69B4;}