Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want a randomized death system... Using Harlowe.

edited January 2016 in Help! with 2.0
I want to make a randomized death system, I've tried multiple things. What I want in it is when you use the sleep option. Either, it says "You sleep a quiet night." or it says "You hear screaming." It chooses from one of the 15 characters, $Jon, $Win, $Jak, $Dou, $Melv, $Hym, $For, $Alv, $Bur, $Raf, $Mely, $Vil, $Dot, $Tru, $Adr. I can get characters to die (0 Means they are alive but 1 means they are dead) but all of them die in one sweep and I noticed that if they didn't all die in one sweep, even if they were selected single, they had the ability to be selected again. Also one of the 15 characters has to be the murderer in this case. You need to find out who is the murderer with your fellow members of your team. Each night another person is dead and there can be the same person or a different person as the murderer. Also the murder clues should be randomized. What should I do?

Comments

• Well what format are you using?
  • Chalk wrote: »
    Well what format are you using?
    I would guess Harlowe based on the question title, unless the title was change after you posted your comment. *smile*
  • edited January 2016
    Yes I'm using harlowe
    Chalk wrote: »

• greyelf wrote: »
    I would guess Harlowe based on the question title, unless the title was change after you posted your comment. *smile*
    jtp40 wrote: »
    Yes I'm using harlowe

Yes, I just realised I'm dumb! Sorry! It was very late at night and I was clicking on a bunch of links to read some threads before going to bed. My fault!
  • Anyone got any advice on how I can do this?
  • rip my dream of getting help
  • i think you could create a special passage for the sleeping and there add (if:(either:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) is 1)[Jon was murdered (set: $jon to death)]
    (Display: "Main")
    but im newbie, i hope this could help you.
  • Well, not using Harlowe but I did something similar. First I'd suggest using arrays instead of $name tags so $person[0] = "Mel", $person[1] = ""Wil" and so on. You can have a corresponding Alive array so if $alive[0] = 1 means Mel is alive and if it is 0 it means Mel is dead.