Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MINUTEMAN, my twine game about exploring an abandoned bunker, is now on Steam Greenlight!

I made this game earlier this year and after it was nominated for a Bafta Young Game Designer award and it was written about in a couple of online publications I have decided to put it up on greenlight. It would be great if you could give it a look:

Click here to vote!

Thanks so much,
@nebulaictoaster

Comments

• That video hurt my ears so much to listen to. The crackling effect was a nice idea but it was really overdone.
  • Looks great, you have my vote ;)
  • bruno wrote: »
    Looks great, you have my vote ;)

Vote on what?
  • Deadshot wrote: »
    bruno wrote: »
    Looks great, you have my vote ;)

Vote on what?

To greenlight their game on Steam.
  • Minutemen is a thing from Fallout; surely they can sue you! And I really don't think that Steam is the place for a text-based game.
  • Look, I just played it a bit, but even if Steam was a place for text games, this isn't really a game. It's a good linear thing, and I made one a while ago. That was basically when I was just learning how to do the (text-style:) macro and how to import images, so I just made it. If it was to be a proper game, the players should have some choice. Like at the beginning, you should at least let them read that pile of comics (which I would be surprised if it wasn't a copyrighted image). The least you could do is make the links go away when you click on them. Like click on BMX, then when you go back it's not a link anymore; just text.
  • Preface. IANAL, however….
    Deadshot wrote: »
    Minutemen is a thing from Fallout; surely they can sue you! […]
    The project is Minuteman, not Minutemen—not that the latter, in the historical context, is problematic either. Beyond that, and based solely on the early Cold War vibe given off by the Greenlight trailer, I think it's safe to assume that its name is based on the Minuteman ICBM (LGM-30).

The Fallout series of games are simply based upon/apes the same time period.

It does not appear that Minuteman shares anything with Fallout other than historical influences, and it and its author probably have nothing to fear from BethSoft—again, based solely on its trailer linked above.

Deadshot wrote: »
    […] pile of comics (which I would be surprised if it wasn't a copyrighted image). […]
    Assuming the author is US-based, the image is likely allowable under the Fair Use doctrine.