Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turing Trial - A Short Text Input RPG/Puzzle

I've been working on this gme on and off for the past couple months and it's really come together!

M69DKIg.gif
https://rtgrl.itch.io/turing-trial

Even though I haven't posted a lot, this forum was a huge help in making this game. I'd love feedback, or to hear what kind of things people write in it!

(Beware the drones' hard line on "characters" versus "letters")

Comments

• edited September 2016
    RTgrl wrote: »
    I've been working on this gme on and off for the past couple months and it's really come together!

M69DKIg.gif
    https://rtgrl.itch.io/turing-trial

Even though I haven't posted a lot, this forum was a huge help in making this game. I'd love feedback, or to hear what kind of things people write in it!

(Beware the drones' hard line on "characters" versus "letters")

Cool game. I like it. Here's the stuff I wrote:
  • _CHECK PROTOCOL ADDED: HUMAN INPUTS USE AT LEAST 2 WORDS CONTAINING 4 CHARACTERS.
    WHY DOES DEATH HAPPEN?

because does

My answer fits the parameters, both words *contain* 4 characters, but it was flagged and I got killed. You should rephrase that.
  • edited September 2016
    _CHECK PROTOCOL ADDED: HUMAN INPUTS USE AT LEAST 2 WORDS CONTAINING 4 CHARACTERS.
    WHY DOES DEATH HAPPEN?

because does

My answer fits the parameters, both words *contain* 4 characters, but it was flagged and I got killed. You should rephrase that.
    One would assume that the drone is fairly literal—seems legit to me, anyway. If we labor under that assumption, then no, your answer does not fit both criteria.

Note that the word count criteria was open ended, specifically 'at least 2 words'. Further note that no such open ended specifier was given with the character count criteria, 'words containing 4 characters', so we should probably assume that each word needed to have exactly the specified number of characters.

AT LEAST TWO WORDS…?
    1. because
    2. does
    PASS.

…WORDS CONTAINING 4 CHARACTERS?
    • because (characters: 7)
    • does (characters: 4)
    FAIL (REASON: "because"; 7 CHARACTERS IS NOT EQUAL TO 4 CHARACTERS).

PLEASE PROCEED TO THE NEAREST DISINTEGRATION CHAMBER.
  • edited September 2016
    Not sure if the following is an error or part of the game. lol
    WHY ARE {getRandomBelief.except($defendantBeliefCategory.groupName)} INCORRECT ABOUT THE EXISTENCE OR NON-EXISTENCE OF AN AFTERLIFE?
    ... but the following ending is definitely wrong. You are not removing punctuation characters when doing the number of characters in a word check.
    WHAT IS THE FUNCTION OF DREAMS?

THEY HELP A HUMAN PROCESS THINGS, BOTH SHAPE AND COLOR, THAT THEY HAVE PREVIOUSLY EXPERENCED

CONDITION FAIL: COUNTED WORDS INCORRECT. ONLY 2 WORDS FOUND CONTAINING 5 CHARACTERS: HUMAN,SHAPE