Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Harlowe 2.0.0 beta

The beta for Twine 2.1.0 contains a beta for Harlowe 2.0.0, which can be enabled by selecting it in the story formats menu. (It should be default for new stories, but…?) I'd appreciate it if anyone could check it for bugs or confirm that the new features work correctly, and as expected.

Please consult this page for a thorough list of changes over 1.2.3, and this (95% complete) manual for in-depth descriptions of the new features.

Thank you again for using Harlowe, if you do.

Comments

• YES! Have been waiting for 2.0.0. Cheers!
  • I've just started a project in Harlowe 1.2.2. If I want to switch it to Harlowe 2.0.0 at a later date, will this be possible?
  • edited November 2016
    Edit: I think this might be Issue #300, marked as resolved

I loaded up my project in Twine 2.1.0b4_linux64

When I try to run it, nothing shows up, and I get the error in the console:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'storyFormat' of undefined
    at VueComponent.ready (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:60:6794)
    at VueComponent.En.t._callHook (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:8:4283)
    at VueComponent.n (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:8:11547)
    at VueComponent.n (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:8:10239)
    at VueComponent.Hn.t.$emit (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:8:10933)
    at VueComponent.En.t._callHook (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:8:4299)
    at e (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:8:8994)
    at VueComponent.Nn.t.$before (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:8:9478)
    at An.transition (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:9:15146)
    at p (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:87:4053)

I did try "Change Story Format" -> Harlowe 2.0.0 but that did not change the behavior. Nor did setting it to "Harlowe 1.2.3".
  • I noticed save-to-file isn't on the list. Is this something that may be incorporated in the future?

I'm building a really large Harlowe game, so this sort of thing is particularly relevant.