Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SugarCube releases

14567810»

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Gryphbear wrote: »
    Where IS the directory located in Windows 10 for copying over the 2.13 format I have on my TWINE 2.1.1? The 'loading' is still hanging as I try to add it via "Add a Format" method. I could find it before, but I can't seem to find it now. I'm using the local offline version with 64 bit Win10 OS. I know (now) that there's a problem adding formats to the current version, but I was going to overwrite the 2.13 version I had by replacing it in that folder, but I am not sure how to even find it now.
    Is that from a previous install? I ask because Twine 2.1.1 comes bundled with v2.14.0.

Regardless. It depends on what you're talking about. I'm going to assume that you're using the NW.js/executable edition of Twine 2.1.1.

If you're talking about replacing the SugarCube release which comes bundled with Twine 2.1.1, then there is no such directory. The story formats are merged into the application bundle and do not exist as separate files.

If you're talking about replacing a SugarCube release which you manually installed via a previous version of Twine 2, then assuming Twine 2.1.1 hasn't deleted its internal reference to it, the file will be wherever it was when you installed it. When you manually install a story format into Twine 2, it does not make a local copy of the file but references the existing file—in other words, when you install a story format you're simply telling Twine 2 where it is, you're not "installing" it in the traditional sense.

Ah. I was afraid of that. I was tearing my hair off trying to find the 2.13 'version' I had - not realizing it was actually embedded in the new 2.1.1 Twine Release. I might have to update the TWINE program again - since it comes with 2.13 Sugarcube. True. It's not really installing, I know. Hmm. I wanted to update 2.13 with your current Sugarcube 2.16. Let me check things out and get back to you.

Edit:

Okay, It does look like it got updated to 2.14 this time around. Hmm. Okay. Still the same issue with the attempt to 'Add New Format' of 2.16. It just continues saying 'O Loading' with the O spinning. I'm assuming it's still the bug you've spoken of before, and hopefully it'll be fixed soonish.
  • edited March 2017
    I can't seem to install any versions of SugarCube into Twine 2.1.1. It just sits there perpetually showing "loading." This happened with the website version of 2.14.0, 2.15.0, and the latest 2.16.0. Never had problems installing prior to the changes with Twine 2.1 and 2.1.1 though.

ETA: Oh, maybe you're aware of this already. That's what I get for not reading the thread. >_>
  • mixvio wrote: »
    I can't seem to install any versions of SugarCube into Twine 2.1.1. It just sits there perpetually showing "loading."
    Answered up thread, but I'll repeat the answer here.

There's a bug in Twine 2.1.0 which more or less breaks adding story formats.

There's a different bug in Twine 2.1.1 which completely breaks adding story formats.

Hopefully, the next release of Twine 2.1 will finally work as intended in regards to adding story formats.
  • Announcing SugarCube v2.17.0:

Downloads & documentation for all Twine versions: http://www.motoslave.net/sugarcube/2/

Changelog highlights:
    • Fixed an issue with start-of-line line continuations whereby they could consume multiple newlines.
    • Added the jQuery.wiki() static method.
    • Added the UIBar API.
    • Updated various subsystems which stored state on the document element (<html>) as classes to use attributes instead, which allows developers to freely use classes on the document element without fear of conflicting with SugarCube itself.
    • Other improvements.
    • Stylesheets: Updated the Bleached style.
  • Oh nice, UIBar.destroy() will be handy. I also only just noticed the addition of importScripts() and importStyles(), that will be immensely useful. Thank you.

I really do wish more people would stumble across your Patreon page, you really deserve the support for the truly insane amount of hours you pour into this community.
  • Announcing SugarCube v2.18.0:

Downloads & documentation for all Twine versions: http://www.motoslave.net/sugarcube/2/

Changelog highlights:
    • Added the ability for users to override the default UI via the StoryInterface special passage.
    • Updated on navigation passage rendering to conditionally add a data-tags attribute to the <html> and <body> elements which contains a space separated list of the current passage's tags. This is in addition to the existing tag-based classes added to <body>.
    • Other improvements.
  • Calling all translators!

It occurs to me that it would be helpful if I started maintaining downloadable translations of SugarCube's UI text (see: SugarCube v2's Localization document) into languages besides English. If anyone has made such a translation and would like to donate it to SugarCube, please contact me.

All submissions will be duly credited, unless otherwise requested.
  • edited May 2017
    sounds, great. If you want, I can maintain the Hungarian version. Btw. are there plans to make an offline version of SugarCube's documentation(pdf, HTML, whatever you prefer)? I'd really like to have an offline version that is easy to search when I'm on the go and scripting SugarCube widgets.
  • Localization
    While I haven't decided exactly where I'm going to put them, my plans are to check the translations into SugarCube's repo as well as making them easily downloadable from its website. Please create a new issue on the tracker with your translation, including any additional details you feel relevant and also how you wish to be attributed, if you do.

Offline documentation
    At present, the documentation source is only suitable for transformation into HTML—and doing so is an exceedingly manual chore. I have plans to automate most of that, which also may allow transformation into formats other than HTML, however, that will require rewriting the documentation source into a, at least slightly, different format.

It shouldn't be too onerous to bundle the current HTML docs into an archive for offline usage. That said, I'm hesitant to do so as I do not want people relying on old versions of the documentation. I'll think about it.
  • I am not a translator, but still i could make a portuguese localization if one isn't available yet.
  • When I say "translator", I didn't mean to suggest you needed to be a professional. As long as you have good fluency in both English, so as to understand the context of the text you're translating, and the target language, so as to be able to give a good translation of the original text, then you're a good enough translator for my purposes. I'm not looking for perfection, the submitted localizations may always be improved after all.

My goal here is simply to have some premade non-English localizations available, so authors wanting to localize, or even internationalize, SugarCube's default UI and builtin dialogs don't have to do the work themselves. I'm thinking particularly of those whose English is on the not-so-fluent end of the spectrum, thus would have trouble completing a translation themselves—or, at least, completing one that was even marginally accurate.

As to a Portuguese localization. One has not been submitted to me on the repo or elsewhere, so please feel free to take a crack at it if you feel you can.
  • edited May 2017
    @TheMadExile

Speaking of documentation, I just wanted to let you know that your examples in the <<if>> macro documentation uses the deprecated <<display>> macro instead of <<include>>.

Not a huge deal, but I figured you might want to know.
  • My goal here is simply to have some premade non-English localizations available, so authors wanting to localize, or even internationalize, SugarCube's default UI and builtin dialogs don't have to do the work themselves. I'm thinking particularly of those whose English is on the not-so-fluent end of the spectrum, thus would have trouble completing a translation themselves—or, at least, completing one that was even marginally accurate.

I have proposed a french-translation issue on your repository...
  • @Chapel Thank you. I'll correct that and any additional instances.

@Pierre Thank you. I've replied on the issue in the tracker.
  • Announcing the availability of user contributed localizations for SugarCube v2.

Downloads for all Twine versions: http://www.motoslave.net/sugarcube/2/

Current localizations include:
    • Français (fr), by: Pierre Kessler.
    • Português (pt), by: Magma.
    • Ру́сский (ru), by: Konstantin Kitmanov.
  • Announcing SugarCube v2.19.0:

Changelog highlights:
    • Added the Config.passages.nobr property which determines whether newlines are stripped on all rendering passages. Equivalent to including the nobr tag on every passage.
    • Added the <<createaudiogroup>> macro and updated <<audio>> to support custom groups.
    • Added the temporary() story function which returns a reference to the current temporary variables store. Equivalent to State.temporary.
    • Several other fixes and improvements.
    Localizations: Added 简体中文 (chs), by: Liyro Pen.