Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serious errors!

I have no idea what's going on with Twine 2.1.2

I created several passages in a story and quit. Returned later to work on it and...I don't even know. All my passages are piled on top of one another in the top left corner and can't be moved from the corner. I can drag them to a different place but they all automatically snap back into the corner the instant I release the mouse button.

If I turn on snap to grid I can slowly nudge them out of the corner, however doing this breaks the links to the different passages...but not really. The story plays as it should when I test it but the arrows pointing to the passages for whatever reason disappear.

As a final touch, the story statistics page has my story at 10 passages...I only have 6 passages. So I either have invisible passages now or Twine is seriously borked, which it obviously is.

Anyone encounter these kinds of critical issues yet or better yet, how to fix them?

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Same problem here,

I had to erase COMPLETELY my project. Every time I clicked on a new passage all the links were gone and after that whenever I reopened twine everything was piled on the left side of the screen and I couldn't move it or make links again.

Luckily I had a backup but I still lost a lot of things.
  • We're discussing this on the bug tracker.