Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Browser version froze, lost a huge chunk of my story

Title says it all. Is there any hope of recovering this? I have to have this story done by Friday and the amount lost would take me at least until then to replace, let alone finish the rest of it.

I've already accepted that I'm screwed, so if there's no way to get it back, it's no big deal (for anyone but me).

Comments

• You might want to see if you can find something to run a memory test on your system. You seeing anything else 'strange'?
  • Have you used either the Publish to File option or the Archive option recently to create with a Story HTML file or an Archive HTML file?

If so you may be able to use either of them to recover some of your work.

Using either of those options regularly to create a physical file backup is a good practice to get into.
  • mykael wrote: »
    You might want to see if you can find something to run a memory test on your system. You seeing anything else 'strange'?

I doubt I have an issue with my RAM. It's just a slow computer.

greyelf wrote: »
    Have you used either the Publish to File option or the Archive option recently to create with a Story HTML file or an Archive HTML file?

If so you may be able to use either of them to recover some of your work.

Using either of those options regularly to create a physical file backup is a good practice to get into.

Ironically, that's what I was doing when it froze. I'd realized that I hadn't saved it in a while, and when I went to do that, it was frozen. My most recent save is the same state the story was reset to, so that wouldn't be much help.