Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Broken links instead of new passages

Hi,

I'm working on a rather long story in Twine 2.1.2 Harlowe 2.0.1.

For some reason, when I'm creating a new link like typing in example Twine no longer creates a new passage on its own. Only a broken link with a red x at the end appears. So I have to click on "+Passage" and name the new passage myself, which is rather time-consuming...
Help, please?

Comments

• Same problem... I have posted an issue on the Twine repository.
  • If you are using the install-able release or the downloadable web-browser release of Twine 2 then can you download the latest 2.1.3 version and try again, could you also state which operating system (brand, version, edition, 32/64bit) you are using.

If you are using either web-browser based release then which web-browser (brand, version, 32/64bit) are you using.

If you run either the operating system or the Twine 2 application in any language besides English could you please state which language that is.
  • Same problem here, too. Good thing I found this discussion, I almost just started a new one.

I, for my part, am using an ASUS N55S laptop, Windows 8 (originally 7), 64bit, and I just downloaded the 2.1.3 version for 64bit and am using Chrome as a browser. (How do I look up which version I'm using, though?) When I initially downloaded Twine it automatically set the language to German (because I'm German and the laptop is German) but I switched it to English.
  • I'm using Version 2.1.3 twinery.org/2 in german, chrome (64bit).

Strangely even if I use chrome incognito mode, where Twine appears to be brand new and I write a new story the problem still occurs. Isn't there a way to reset Twine completely?
  • I think Twine has globally a problem with the localized versions. In the French one, there is a stories and a histoires folder where the story files are written and the programm seems to make some confusions between both.

For years, Adobe had such problems with the localization of early versions of Photoshop : they had translated all the names of folder, variables and so on. With unpleasant results : much of plugins and macros where broken.

It should be a good practice (and less work) to translate only the labels appearing in the UI. So did Adobe.
  • Pierre wrote: »
    Same problem... I have posted an issue on the Twine repository.

Ths sounds helpful. Where can I find this?
  • I'm also having the same problem with the 2.1.3 app on macOS Yosemite 10.10.5.