Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with HTML! 1.4

Hello!

I am super new to Twine and I made a small quiz with it. I wanted to put the quiz on my Wordpress website, on one of the pages. It's a paid account, so I think I can do it. The thing is, I can't seem to figure out how to find the html code for my quiz. There is a code that comes up when I export it, but it doesn't work when I paste it into my Wordpress page. Can someone help me find the html code to copy?

Thanks so much! :)

Comments

• Hello,

I'm not entirely sure this is possible as an 'embed', if that is what you're asking; do you mean that you want your Twine game to display on your Wordpress site, or do you want to link to it from your Wordpress site?

============================

If it's the former, I'm not sure this is possible. A Twine game generates an .html file, as you said, which you would need to 'embed', or call, in the .html file of the Wordpress page. This could be done with jQuery, another scripting language, though that would be advanced, and may not be possible on your Wordpress account.

There is a newly-authorised specification in HTML5 called <embed>, which lets you, unsurprisingly, embed other things in your html. However, looking at the documentation I'm not sure it supports embedding .html; it is more for video, animation etc.

============================

If it is the latter, the .html Twine file can be linked to just like any other website. However, the file must be hosted somewhere on the Internet for people to be able to access it, and for you to have a address to link to.

If you don't have a web hosting package, or server space of your own, there are several sites that will host .html Twine files for free:

Dropbox

philome.la (requires Twitter account)

to name but two.
  • You will need to use a HTML iframe tag to embed your Twine HTML file into Wordpress, or into any other website Content Management System (CMS) for that matter.

You may want to read this previous post on the issue, or this post on the Wordpress support forums.