Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SaveGame?? sugarcane

i need some way of being able to save a game,i am using sugarcane.
    Because my current game is to long to play all at once.

Comments

• As explained in this post, Sugarcane has the bookmark option in the left hand side-bar that allows people to save.
  • I can see no such option in the left hand side bar. >:( :(
  • On the passages you want the player to be able to save, put a "bookmark" tag.
  • ss wrote:

I can see no such option in the left hand side bar. >:( :(

I have attached an image showing what the standard Sugarcane sidebar looks like, I have place the mouse cursor on the bookmark option to highlight it.

If your side-bar does not look like this then:
    a. You may of changed it using CSS
    b. You may not be using the Sugarcane story format.
  • I am using sugarcane and i have not changed any CSS.so why does it not appear????
        And i tryed putting a "bookmark" tag on a passage and it only put a "rewind" option in the left hand side bar????
  • The Bookmark menu item will be disabled if you've done any of the following in the vanilla StorySettings: disabled undo, disabled passage bookmarks, or enabled the automatic URL hash update.  There is some other logic related to whether it appears or not, but those are the major factors.
  • I have done none of those things.
  • Then it's probably your testing setup.

What browser are you using?  Are you testing your story locally (via file://) or remotely (via http:// or https://)?
  • i got it working,seems my internet explorer is buggy.
        Thankyou for your help  :) :D
  • ss wrote:

i got it working,seems my internet explorer is buggy.

No.  It's simply that the vanilla story formats don't handle various situations terribly well, like IE locking down a lot of functionality when opening files locally (via file://).
  • oh ok thanks