Hello again! This is the first of our biweekly news posts. A quick reminder that if you have news you’d like to appear in the next post, which’ll be on November 30, please submit it online.
- Kris Ligman recently released You Are Jeff Bezos, a game in which you try your best to spend all of Jeff Bezos’s fortune. Kris also wrote a postmortem on the game.
- The Twine Cookbook version 1.2 is now online.
- Several Twine games were exhibited at WordPlay 2018, which took place on November 10 in Toronto: The Tower, The Eyes That Look Back, Wolf at the Door, Nod If You Can Hear Me, Circuits, Time To Feed, Sentry, It’s For Melody, and The Mirror. Mind the content warnings on these.
- DWaM’s The Tree of Life has some quite nice multimedia effects.
- Maggie Tan’s Spider Mother, as you might guess from the name, is not recommended for arachnophobes.
- CoderDojo Scotland recently held a workshop of Twine, and some of the works created by participants are available online.
- Judging just ended on IFComp 2018, which means results will be announced soon. Even if you missed out on judging, you can still play all the entries, many of which are Twine works.
- sub-Q Magazine opened its first game jam on November 15th. The jam runs until December 16th and accepts short interactive fiction pieces (less than 1,000 words) on the theme of “love.” Two winners will be contracted for paid publication in sub-Q Magazine.