Release Date: May 1, 2017
- An issue causing passages to disappear, be positioned incorrectly, or otherwise become corrupted has been fixed.
- Problems causing the search and replace dialog to not work correctly have been fixed.
Release Date: April 29, 2017
If you are upgrading and using a non-English localization, this will cause your stories to be saved to a slightly different folder than before. Instead of Twine -> Stories, they will now be saved to Twine -> [the word "Stories" as translated to your language]. You will probably need to move your existing stories into this new folder.
- Increased the display density of passages at the medium zoom level.
- The story list can now be sorted in reverse chronological and alphabetical order (thanks Thomas Michael Edwards).
- Mac users can now create passages in the story editor with force touch (thanks Michael Savich).
- Includes SugarCube 2.16.0.
- Includes Harlowe 1.2.4 and 2.0.1.
- When a new story format is added, stories that used an older version are automatically brought up-to-date. This bug would manifest as having no format initially selected in the Story Format dialog.
- You cannot remove the default story format anymore. (Choose another one as default first.)
- Issues with non-English localizations where stories would not save correctly, or would not save to the correct folder, have been fixed.
- External links now do not cause a broken-link arrow to be drawn in the story editor.
- Special characters (that have meaning in regular expressions) now are handled correctly when searching and replacing.
- Fixed a bug where publishing a story from the story list wouldn't work.
- Fixed a bug where clicking the modal dialog background would not save passage title changes.
- Fixed a bug where clicking the modal dialog background would be treated as a confirmation in deletion modal dialogs.
- It's now not possible to scroll the main window when a modal dialog is open.
Release Date: March 1, 2017
- Added Czech, German, Italian, and Portuguese localizations.
- Updated SugarCube to version 2.14.0.
- Outdated story formats are now removed automatically.
- Improved numerous issues with touch-based devices and Internet Explorer 11 in the story editor.
- Fixed issues with the quick search field in the story editor.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes text would disappear in the desktop application.
- Fixed a bug where the story directory sometimes would not be unlocked when quitting the desktop application.
Release Date: January 31, 2017
This is a significant update from the 2.0 series. If you're upgrading, please read the notes below before beginning.
If you are upgrading, then making a backup copy of your stories folder is
recommended. To do this, launch Twine 2.0 and choose Show Library from the
Twine menu. Quit Twine, then make a copy of the folder that was revealed. (If
you are using Linux and Show Library doesn't work, your stories folder is
If you had added custom story formats previously, you'll need to re-add them after updating to this version. The process works exactly the same as before. Sorry for the inconvenience -- you will only need to do this once.
If you do not see any stories after upgrading, double-check your Twine directory by choosing Show Library from the Twine menu. Go up one level from here. You may see two directories: one called "Stories," and another named Stories in another language (hopefully your preferred, non-English one). Move the story files from Stories to the folder with the localized name and they should be back once you re-launch Twine.
If you would like to continue using 2.0.11 online, it is still available at https://twinery.org/2.0.11.
- Streamlined look and feel.
- The starting passage now shows a green rocket icon in the passage instead of being slightly bolder.
- Passages with broken links now show an arrow ending in an X instead of an icon in the passage.
- Added dark theme for late-night hypertexting.
- Loading large stories is considerably faster.
- It's now possible to have multiple versions of story formats installed.
- Harlowe 2.0.0 is now available.
- SugarCube 2.1.12 is now available.
- You can now use the Chromium web debugger on stories you test inside Twine by right-clicking the window and choosing Inspect from the contextual menu.
- You can now directly drag a story file onto the story list to import it.
- The story format version is now recorded in a published story file.
- You can now drag the story map by holding down the middle button of the mouse instead of the space bar.
- You can zoom into the story map with the mouse wheel.
- When dragging passages when snap-to-grid is turned on, the passages will reflect this.
- If you import a story with the same name as an existing one, then Twine will prompt you if you'd like to replace it.
- Danish, Italian, and Portuguese localizations have been added.
- Passages that link to themselves display a clearer arrow in the story map.
- The gauge showing the remaining local storage space in the online version now works correctly.
- It's no longer possible for passages to get pushed offscreen.
- Renaming a story in the desktop app no longer creates duplicate files.
- A typo in the German localization has been corrected.