Release Date: January 3, 2024
- Duplicating a story in browser Twine correctly copies passages. (Previously, passages were moved to the duplicate story.) This bug only occurred in browser Twine.
- A typo in the French localization was corrected (thanks Flavien Robert).
- Harlowe has been updated to version 3.3.8.
- Release notes for Twine are now part of the reference, where you're hopefully reading them now! The reference includes all known release notes for Twine, going all the way back to 2009. Thanks to the Twine Cookbook editors and Dan Cox in particular.
Release Date: November 27, 2023
- In App Twine only:
- The location of the story library can be changed. It can be done either using a menu item preference or command-line switch.
- Hardware accelerated graphics can be disabled. It can be done either using a menu item preference or command-line switch.
- The location of story library backups can be changed. This can only be done using a command-line switch. Please read the documentation carefully before using this option.
- Instead of using the system-wide temporary directory, Twine now uses a dedicated scratch folder and prunes old files from it automatically. The location of this folder can be changed using a command-line switch only. Please read the documentation carefully before using this option.
- A Korean localization has been added.
- An issue where clicking rapidly on a passage and then dragging it would cause the passage to move incorrectly has been fixed.
- An issue where closing a passage editor while the find dialog was open caused a crash has been fixed.
- A typo in the Finnish localization has been fixed.
- The app now uses Vite for bundling instead of create-react-app.
- The underlying Electron framework for the desktop app has been updated to version 26.