Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the new feature turns() used?

edited February 2014 in Help! with 1.x
Is this used at the start with something like <<set $Turncounter to turns()>> or whatever variable name you want.
And then in any passage in the game you could go;
<<if $Turncounter gte 30>>
Blah blah
<<endif>>

I did a little test with this method it seems it will only work if you have the line <<set $Turncounter to turns()>> on every passage, then the turns() counter will be tracked.

How do I reset the counter to zero? so it starts from the beginning again?

Is there any quick way to have that line inserted into every passage already created automatically or will this have to be done manually? if there isn't would it be a good idea to be able to do so perhaps similar to find and replace, and using tags for specific passages that you want to insert code and if no tag(s) are given then ALL passages will receive the inserted code. Would this be a useful feature?

Comments

• Dazakiwi38 wrote:

Is this used at the start with something like <<set $Turncounter to turns()>> or whatever variable name you want.
    And then in any passage in the game you could go;
    <<if $Turncounter gte 30>>
    Blah blah
    <<endif>>

I haven't tested it, but I think you should be able to use turns() directly without a variable:

<<if turns() gte 30>>
    Blah blah
    <<endif>>