Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad expression/ Expected token (please help- i don't understand)

Please tell me what wrong with this - i don't understand

The men rushing past him wore finely cut leggings above well-cut boots, and silk shirts of varying quality underneath embroidered long coats. They had around their waists, either a small sword, its needle like blade sheathed - or a long dirk, jewel adorned at their side. He shook his head. Useless. It was all for show. He could cut them down like a hot knife through butter. Someone bumped into him, a <<print>> bad expression: Expected token ')'

It was all for show. He could cut them down like a hot knife through butter. Someone bumped into him, a <<print either ("A old man","Fopish man">>

<<if ("Fopish man")>>and without a second thought turn, chop at the man's exposed neck, knocking him out.<<endif>>

Comments

• http://twinery.org/wiki/function?s[]=either

You're missing a parenthesis after "fopish man" for one thing. For another, your "if" branch needs a variable of some sort.

Here you go:
    <<set $man = either("old man","Fopish man")>>

The men rushing past him wore finely cut leggings above well-cut boots, and silk shirts of varying quality underneath embroidered long coats. They had around their waists, either a small sword, its needle like blade sheathed - or a long dirk, jewel adorned at their side. He shook his head. Useless. It was all for show. He could cut them down like a hot knife through butter. Someone bumped into him, a <<print $man>>

<<if $man eq "Fopish man">>and without a second thought turn, chop at the man's exposed neck, knocking him out.<<endif>>
  • Also, it's "foppish." ;)