Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twine and script collaboration

edited February 2014 in Help! with 1.x
Hey folks,

I'm currently using Twine to prototype a narrative-driven audio game. The script is being developed by three people in a collaboratve process (-- one lead writer (me), two producers). We're now looking for a clever and efficient way to exchange idas and feedback on the script, during the various stages of the development -- for instance, being able to comment on individual pages of HTML-exported interim versions, or maybe even direct collaboation in Twine? I realise that Twine does not have this sort of feature. But maybe some of you have had a similar problem, and maybe you've come up with a clever solution/workaround.

Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks!
M.

Comments

• Hey there, GTFO! (That sounded rude, but it is your name.  ;))

This has been discussed here:

http://twinery.org/forum/index.php/topic,1393.msg2139.html#msg2139

and then here:

http://twinery.org/forum/index.php/topic,1403.msg2429.html#msg2429
  • GTFO wrote:
    We're now looking for a clever and efficient way to exchange idas and feedback on the script, during the various stages of the development -- for instance, being able to comment on individual pages of HTML-exported interim versions, or maybe even direct collaboation in Twine?

If it wasn't mentioned in those two links above, annotation passages might help.

From the wiki: "Annotation passages are non-playable passages tagged with annotation that hold text to display on the story map, to annotate, comment or document the source code of the game. They have a different colour and size to normal passages."

Remember that you can copy and paste passages from one story file to another, but both stories must be open and the edit menu at the top must be used rather than right-clicking. It's annoying, but that's how it must be done.