Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using actions

i found this macro baffling when I first came across it, but it is actually pretty cool. However:

How do you format the options? In Sugarcube then are presented on a single line with wide spaces, which looks rubbish (in Sugarcane they are a bulleted list, which is much better).

Can you add more options during the game?

Alternatively (and preferably) how do I add extra options that just look like they are part of it?

Hmm, let me give an example that might make that more clear. You go into a room, and can either examine the pot, open the box or leave, so three options handled by actions. Now if you go to the box, you have an extra option, taking out the kitten. I want that option to blend with the remaining two. I tried this:

* [[Take the kitten]]<br />&lt;&lt;display &quot;Room actions&quot;&gt;&gt;

But you get two bulleted lists with a line break between. So I tried this:

* [[Take the kitten]]&lt;&lt;display &quot;Room actions&quot;&gt;&gt;

And got the second list nested inside the first.

Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• ==room actions==
    <<if $kitten_seen eq 1>><<actions "examine pot" "take kitten" "leave">><<else>><<actions "examine pot" "open box" "leave">><<endif>>

==open box==
    There's a kitty inside!<<set $kitten_seen =1>><<room actions>>
  • I'm running into the rather ugly list problem in SugarCube myself...the bulleted lists were very nice, so I'm wondering if there's any way to format the list!
  • According to a twine by L about Twine's built-in macros, here, the actions macro "takes an unlimited number of parameters [and] creates a <ul> element with a series of <li> elements."

So it'd be a matter of creating CSS rules for <ul> and/or <li> HTML elements.