Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moving the sidebar in Sugarcane

Hey all.  I'd really like to be able to utilize Sugarcane's bookmark feature, but aesthetically, I don't really think the sidebar works for my game.  What I'd ideally like to do is take the same options that appear in the sidebar and arrange them horizontally at the top or bottom of the screen.  Sadly, I don't know how anything works.  I stare in constant awe at the things I encounter every day like a frightened infant alone in the world, and only you can comfort me by telling me if this is a thing I can do or not.  Thanks kindly.

Comments

• There are some good examples here, some of which have the sidebar located at the top of the screen.  I'm currently fighting my own CSS battles (trying to reduce the width of the sidebar) so I can't tell you directly how to do it, but the Hypercane example has the sidebar at the top, so if you study the css for that it should give you an idea. 

I'm still getting to grips with CSS but I guess what you need is somewhere in this part of the code:
    #sidebar {
    position:absolute;
    top:0px;
    left:0px;
    width:99.2%;
    overflow-x:hidden;
    background-color:#fff;
    border-bottom: solid #000 1px;
    }
    #sidebar * {
    color: #000 !important;
    font-size:1.5rem;
    background-color:clear !important;
    display:inline !important;
    }
    #sidebar a:hover, #sidebar #snapback:hover, #sidebar #restart:hover {
    text-decoration:underline !important;
    }
    #sidebar a:active, #sidebar #snapback:active, #sidebar #restart:active {
    color:#fff !important;
    font-size:1.5rem;
    background-color:#000 !important;
    display:inline !important;
    }
    #sidebar li, #sidebar li > span {
    margin-left: 1rem;
    margin-right: 1rem;
    }
    #sidebar a, #sidebar a:hover {
    border: 0 !important;
    box-shadow: none;
    }
    The css text would go in its own script passage in your game in order to take effect. 
  • Perfect!  Thanks so much, bawpie.  This is exactly what I needed.
  • Cool, glad you were able to find what you needed.  :)