Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with Beta?

Hey guys, I made a story last night on the new 2.0 preview thing, but there is no option anywhere to export it, or even share it. The 'play' link doesn't work for anyone but me. Am I missing something? I was thinking about putting it up on philome.la, but I can't save, or export it in any way.

Thanks! :D

Comments

• With your story open, click the little down arrow on the right next to the play button. Then click "publish to file." That will allow you to download your HTML file.

You can host your HTML file anywhere webpages can be hosted, even cloud storage such as Dropbox and Google Drive.
  • I tried that; it opens the story in a new tab. I've taken the link and created an HMTL file from it, but it doesn't work.

I'm using Mac Safari 6.1, which is supported according to the website. How do you download the file after you click 'publish to file'?
  • It's not "downloading" because it's "opening." In Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer, it asks where you want to save the HTML file locally. I guess Safari thinks because it's an HTML file, it should just go ahead and open it.

However, you should still be able to save the page. In Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer, I just click "Save Page As." I'm sure there's an equivalent in Safari.
  • This is what I get; I right-click, and 'Save As' into an HTML file on my desktop. However, neither philome.la or even the beta can open it as a story. Twinery beta says something about a missing url.
  • What happens when you open it locally (from your computer)? It should open in your browser.

Try making a new story with just, like, "Hello!" and a link to a blank passage and see what happens.