Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Text decoration in specific passage in a cycling link

Hi!

I am trying to make a text have the option of being bold or not in a cycling link... and I tried this:

<<cyclinglink "bold" <b>"bold"</b> >>
but it doesn't work.

Additionally, is it possible to change the text decoration in css for a cycling link separate from the rest of the passages?

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Comments

• Or is there a way to make the text switch colours each time it's clicked? Is there an easier way to do this?
  • Two points:
    1) bold is not a "text decoration" but a "font weight". Text decorations are underline, strikethrough and overline.
    2) <<cyclinglink>> comes with a short description of its HTML structure. If you examine it, and know about the nth-child CSS selector, you can do this to, say, give every odd option a different shade:

a.cyclingLink > :nth-child(2n) {
    color: papayawhip !important;
    }
    (I'm only including the !important because I'm not able to check the specificity of this thing at the moment.)
  • Wow! Thank-you so much! I knew it was something I had seen before but couldn't remember.

Do you know how I could adapt the same advance css I use on a cycling link on a replace?

I want to use the first same vertical dial as seen here: http://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/files/TwineMacro-CyclinglinkCSS.html
    on my replace as I do my cycling links. Is that possible??