Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bookmark/no save system in SugarCube?

edited March 2014 in Help! with 1.x
Hello all,

Is there a way to have just a bookmark or single save slot in sugarcube like in sugarcane or is there only the option for multiple save slots?

I put the header.html in a folder named sugarcube in Twine/targets/ - is there supposed to be a .js file in there like some of the other story formats?

(BTW Is there an install instruction for Sugarcube somewhere?  I received the header file and through trial and error I figured out it goes in its own folder in the Twine install location in 'Twine/targets/' and then can be selected in Twine under Story/Story Formats.  I must have missed it but I couldn't find that info anywhere and not sure how someone new would figure that out quickly.)  EDIT  http://twinery.org/wiki/story_format buried in the wiki

thanks

Comments

• Muze wrote:

Is there a way to have just a bookmark or single save slot in sugarcube like in sugarcane or is there only the option for multiple save slots?

Create a new script tagged passage, call it Config or something like that, and put this in it: (config.saves.slots in the docs)
    config.saves.slots = 1;

Muze wrote:

I put the header.html in a folder named sugarcube in Twine/targets/ - is there supposed to be a .js file in there like some of the other story formats?

No.  SugarCube is released as an all-in-one (i.e. all you need is the header.html file).

Muze wrote:

(BTW Is there an install instruction for Sugarcube somewhere?  I received the header file and through trial and error I figured out it goes in its own folder in the Twine install location in 'Twine/targets/' and then can be selected in Twine under Story/Story Formats.  I must have missed it but I couldn't find that info anywhere and not sure how someone new would figure that out quickly.)  EDIT  http://twinery.org/wiki/story_format buried in the wiki

No.  I suppose I expected people coming to SugarCube to know where to put it.  I can add some instructions to the page though.