Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Force ScrollBar in StoryMenu frame

Hi guys,

I've been looking to find out for the answer.  I'm using SugarCube and I want to have all the Team status on the StoryMenu Frame.

Unfortunately, it's long, but the frame does not scroll.

Is there a way to do so?

Comments

• I've done a workaround that is probably better for the User Interface and will leave me with

I've decided to display only 1 character at a time and let the player change the character with a <<optionlist>> instead and use the <<replace>> macro to display only the required info of each character.

Doing so will let me have a better experience when it comes to Inventory transfer and management as well. The character displayed will be the one transfering to B (other character or shelter inventory) instead of me having a super long menu with all the possibilities.

I would still love to see how scrolling the StroyMenu could be done, so feel free to leave the info here.
  • StainedPupil wrote:
    I would still love to see how scrolling the StroyMenu could be done, so feel free to leave the info here.

See what this does in your stylesheet:
    #sidebar {height: 100px; overflow: scroll}
    Adjust height to desired. Might also try min-height instead of or with height and see if you like that instead.

Hope that helps! :)

EDIT: Also, take a look at how I handle displaying player-character information in my Example Turn-Based RPG (Pre-Alpha v. 0.4).