Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLVED] Help With Altering Credits

edited June 2014 in Help! with 1.x
Hi everyone!  First post here.  :)

So, this seems like a really basic problem, since most people seem to have this figured out.  But, how does one change the content of the credits? I understand how to hide the display of the credits, but I have no idea how to actually edit them to say what I want to say.

I'm using sugarcube, and I've narrowed down the sections I have to edit to the #ui-bar #credits and the #ui-bar #version methods.  Is there a method that I don't know about, or should I be using display: ?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• What exactly are you trying to change in that area? Are you just trying to hide them?

(I believe that the credits and version areas are meant for the Header creators information, but I could be wrong)
  • Ruby wrote:

So, this seems like a really basic problem, since most people seem to have this figured out.  But, how does one change the content of the credits? I understand how to hide the display of the credits, but I have no idea how to actually edit them to say what I want to say.

Why are you trying to change the header information in the first place?  If you're simply trying to add a byline, then use the StoryAuthor special passage.  If you want to add additional information, try the StoryCaption special passage.  Check out the full suite of special passages for more info.

greyelf wrote:

(I believe that the credits and version areas are meant for the Header creators information, but I could be wrong)

You are not wrong.  That's exactly what they're for.
  • Oh jeez, I'm sorry!  I should've been more clear.  I was just trying to add another person's name to the credits for additional work, I didn't mean to eliminate the credits entirely!

How does one implement a StoryCaption?  You make a passage titled StoryCaption, but is it just a simple display: "text" thing, or is that too much already?

EDIT: Slightly off topic, but how does one change the colors of the Saves and Restart options?
  • Ruby wrote:

How does one implement a StoryCaption?  You make a passage titled StoryCaption, but is it just a simple display: "text" thing, or is that too much already?

You simply add whatever text, wiki text specifically, you want displayed in its spot in the UI bar to it.  Same thing for StoryBanner, StoryTitle, StorySubtitle, and StoryAuthor, though they're part of the "title" section, which normally sits just above the StoryCaption container.

Ruby wrote:

EDIT: Slightly off topic, but how does one change the colors of the Saves and Restart options?

Assuming that you're referring to the link colors in the UI bar menu, then something like this should change the color of the nav links (of which those two are a part):

#ui-bar nav a { color: red; }
  • Yup, that's exactly it.  Thank you!  I do have another question, but it doesn't really have to do with this current topic, so I'll post it in another thread at some point.

Thanks for the help!