Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error Message Help

So, I've been using Twine for about a week or so now and today I ran into a problem where the program basically froze and I had to close out.  When I tried to get back on, I got this error message.

"An error occurred while opening your story.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "app.py", line 103, in open
File "pickle.pyo", line 1378, in load
File "pickle.pyo", line 858, in load
File "pickle.pyo", line 880, in load_eof
EOFError"

This message comes up whenever I try to open the program.  I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it again, but still no dice.  I have no coding knowledge and even less of a clue what to do from here.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

Comments

• Twine tries to re-open the last story file (TWS) you were working on, if it can find it, whenever you start-up the application.

Unfortunately it is having problems opening your story file, as it seems to have become corrupted, so the application crashes and shows you that error message.

If you rename your story file (TWS) then the application wont be able to find it and should be able to start-up.
  • Aha!  Yep, that's totally it.  Thank you very much.

Not gonna lie, I was hoping to hear a solution that didn't involve me having to scrap all the work I'd already put into the story, but I'll take the program working again in exchange for rewriting a few thousand words. 
  • If you have built a HTML version of your story/game you can use the File > Import > Compiled HTML File menu item to recreate your TWS story file.