Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about native Twine checkbox/radio input functionality

I'm working on Twine wiki pages for the <<radio>> and <<checkbox>> macros, and I've got a couple of questions to make sure I'm not telling unspeakable lies:

<<radio>>

Is there a way to set the "default" checked radio button? I'm looking at the source, and trying random things in a test Twine project, but I'm not seeing how to go about it.

Is there a way to display an input name different from the value to be saved in the variable?

<<checkbox>>

Echo above questions about setting "default" checked status and displaying a different value from what is saved in the variable.

Also, I see that the checkbox selections are stored in a list, which is rad, and I can get to them by index. I also see that requesting an invalid index from this list fails silently, which is kind of nice. At the same time, if I wanted to use the list typically, looping through entries from index 0 to the len/size/count of the list, how would I go about this? Again, I'm not having much luck with source-combing and experimentation.

Even if an answer to these questions is "not that I'm aware of," it's still helpful and reduces my lie potential.

(I get that SugarCube has these options (and uses a different syntax), but right now I'm focusing on what's available in Twine's native story formats.)

Thank you in advance for the education.

Comments