Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[game] - [fr] - Le Manoir

edited January 2015 in Workshop
Hello guys,

This is my really first published game ever.

"Le Manoir" is a horror, text-based little game, and a remake from the 2002 game I made on a Casio Graph-25 (you read that right!).

The scenario is tiny: you wake up in a manor house at night, with a Beretta and a torch light. You have to find a secret code to unlock the main door so you can escape this place. You will find items and dangers during your adventure.

Knowing that this game was originally set to fit in 36 passages (called Lbl in the calculator, going from 0 to 9 and A to Z), and knowing that this Twine project has more a value of a test (= to see what I can make with this software), this internet version has (of course) more passages, and the ones that are in the center of the scenario are changing randomly on each Restart. There are 5 different scenarios so the replayability is correct.

I put some Resident Evil pictures to illustrate (got the authorization from Capcom) ; admitting that one day the game become popular (I srsly doubt about that point), I would remove these copyright pictures and draw my own ! You might find some easter eggs that makes you remember of RE good old times too (yeah, when I was 16, I was a fanatic of Capcom and zombies in general). I wanted to put some touchs of humor here and there.

If you guys are not familiar with french, then I'm sorry because the game is in french (still might be a way to practice though). But, I plan to translate the game so I can publish stuff and let you play with it.

link ------> http://philome.la/BabalKabak/le-manoir

Comments

• Hi folks,

I would like to thank everyone who played the game (even for thoses who only clicked once by curiosity). In fact, I'm recording more than 270 plays on Le Manoir (that's really cool 8) ), and I want to announce that I will update the thing when it will be played 1.000 times.

Yes, but why 1.000 ? Because I'm busy on other projects, and this amount of plays will simply mean that the game is somehow fun. On point is, I'm pretty sure that you want to play without googleing every words and I want to share this tiny humble adventure with you guys.

If you want to help there is a poll on top of the topic. It is available until the end of January 2015. The more positive results I get, the more motivated I will be to make an english version of the game. Then, for those who want to participate for the feedback, please PM me so I can send you a copy. I'm also taking suggestions for the gameplay that can be included in Le Manoir 2.0.

For anything else, questions, remarks, leave a comment below  ;)