Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanksgiving Turkey Simulator

I made my first game in Twine for Thanksgiving, called the Thanksgiving Turkey Simulator: http://gregkarber.com/turkey.html

I'm not going to make any changes to this -- I put it out last Thanksgiving -- but I was working on some more Twine games and I thought it might be good to get feedback.

So, what do you like and dislike about this game in general? What do I need to work harder on? Are there particular aspects of the game that you despise, or love? Thank you very much!

Comments

• Ok, this was delightful. 

I really wasn't sure what I was in for at first.  I was a little skeptical for the first few pages.  "Do you hear the turkeys sing" ripped a laugh out of me.  Hilarious.  Charming. 

However, the game ended very abruptly for me.  I had just jumped onto the table and started eating the feast when Miles shows up and yells to get me....and I have no options for escape.  I'm almost certain that's not broken by design?

The fight with Standish was also a little unsatisfying.  I don't mind if it's intentionally rigged for you to lose, but a little bit of guidance would have been nice.  There was no indication of whether any particular action is better than another, and each one does different things on different turns so there could not really be any strategy.  It just felt a little cheap, especially when I got looped back into the fight four or five times with no clear idea of exactly how to win or if winning was even possible.  I finally ended up giving up on it after about six rounds because it was so frustrating.

Up to that point, though, I was pretty much enthralled. 

• Haha. I really enjoyed this. I didn't quite understand what was going on until you see the guy with the "buckle on his hat"--loved the comment about that fashion statement. Also, that speech? So rousing, so charismatic!

To me too, the fight was a bit frustrating, but when I walked away and came back to it I realized there was a certain pattern of actions that could lead to victory.

That last passage was hilarious. What a great ending. Thanks for sharing this!