Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any one have good Grammar/Editing resources?

edited January 2015 in Workshop
I'm writing my first game and well I am terrible at grammar, punctuation, and editing my own stuff. My girlfriend is a lit major but she doesn't have time to read my stuff or edit them. Plus I would really just like to learn editing better. Are there any good articles you guys know of or have references that you often use when writing your own games?  If this was addressed in earlier forum posts sorry I'm new.

Comments

• To settle specific grammar questions when editing, I go to Grammar Girl or the Purdue Online Writing Resource.

A trick I use when editing my own work is to read it out loud. No joke, even with interactive fiction. Take it sentence by sentence and see if it just sounds weird to you, or awkward.

Hope that helps!
  • Thanks a lot I'm going to look through those sites and bookmark 'em!
  • Those sites are great.

Also, once you have a finished (or even basic) product and are looking for someone else to look over it, you can always request beta-testing and have testers look specifically for grammar issues. You can do that here or over at http://if.game-testing.org/.