Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Importing story from 1.4.2 desktop to 2.0.2 on-line

Help!

Is there any way I can import story created in Windows desktop version (1.4.2) into Twine on-line version?
I need my students to be able to see story map as well and not just to "play" the story. For that I need to run it in browser without installing desktop version.
Is this possible?
If not, is it possible to copy created content into browser version??

Comments

• I think you can import the compiled .html (rather than the .tws source file) into Twine 2.0 using the 'Import File' button on the right.
  • The structure of the HTML file generated by Twine 1 is different to that generated by Twine 2, I believe that the Twine 2 import feature only knows how to import the Twine 2 HTML file.
  • OP: This post in the Re: Twine 1 to Twine 2 Quick Question thread, might be able to help you out.  The converter contained within is meant for SugarCube, so it sets the story format to SugarCube by default, but that's easily changed in Twine 2, if necessary.

tommakesgames wrote:

I think you can import the compiled .html (rather than the .tws source file) into Twine 2.0 using the 'Import File' button on the right.

You cannot, currently, directly import a Twine 1.x compiled HTML file into Twine 2 as the data structure is different.  Even if you could, the only story formats which exist for both Twine 1 & 2 are SugarCube and Snowman, so unless you were using either of those, you'd have to rewrite the markup and code bits of the imported story (less so if  SugarCube was used in Twine 2, as it's mostly the same as the Twine 1 vanilla formats).
  • Tnx for your answers.
    I cannot import HTML, I tried. I will look into that link you provided.
  • edited April 2016
    2 imports nicely into 2 i've found
  • The Use it online link on the main Twine website page leads to a hosted copy of the latest 2.x web-application release.

All the other links lead to installable releases of Twine, the links above the Use it online link lead to 2.x releases, the links below the Use it online link lead to 1.4.2 releases.
  • Wonderful! It works like a charm !
    My best !