Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Third Hour [My first game]

Hey All,

I like to show you the first game/story that I've ever made in Twine. This was for a class project and I didn't have a clue what I was doing, but I think it turned out rather well for a first effort. :P

http://gamesbyaleta.neocities.org/thirdhour.html

Thanks guys,
SaiG22

Comments

• Cool, man! Really good use of the medium. I'd suggest adding sound next!

I got both endings plus a "you lost" ending.

Very cool. :)

Encore!  :D
  • Thank you!

It actually has sound but it probably depends on the server's connection speed. This is my first time using neocities and I noticed that the mp3 files take a second to load. Sooo, you might have to wait a few but it's worth it, because the sound made the game.

I figure with a few tweaks to the .tws file I can get the sound to play throughout online.

But question is . . . is there a way to let players know that the game is loading?

-Saig22
  • I didn't have any problem hearing the sound and it was effectively scary.
    Other than a couple of typos, for a first try I thought it was an impressive effort.
    The lightning was a nice touch.
    Good job, keep at it.
  • Thank you reviewing!

I've been catching the typos and have since corrected what I've caught.

I'm still learning about Twine, there's so much to do in this program! 
  • Unfortunately I couldn't hear sound at all, using Chrome, no matter how long I waited. I'm guessing there's some kind of browser mismatch problem.
  • Hello All,

I've updated my site and created a download link for the game. 

http://gamesbyaleta.neocities.org/thirdhour.zip

This way folks can play the game as if meant to be.

-SG
  • You could compile your game into .exe with NW.JS
    I'm posting a tutorial later
  • played your game. i lossed! it was very scary. the music was very fitting for the game. the hellish sounds very intense. the three knocks caught me by surprised and actually frightened me. good work for your first game! I enjoyed the few visuals that were included as well. thanks.