Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resurrect twee?

I've been using twee, basically a version of twine which lets you create the files in a simple text editor, rather than having to use twine's gui of making boxes link up to each other... I'm really disappointed that it feels like this version has basically been abandoned and all focus put on twine's gui- I'm sure it works well for a lot of people but I feel like it really forces you into a certain mindset and makes you do lots of busywork that's kind of frustrating if it's not how you think... I feel like using twee also invites using different story structures than twine...
I would stick with twee forever except that some of the new features that i'd like to use don't seem to be available for twee. It feels like twee has been buried as an option and all efforts focussed on promoting the gui as though twee never existed...
Just thought I'd say it would be really great if people could carry on updating twee along with twine...

Comments

• Well, think of it this way.
    Let's say you were a company.
    You had two products, Product A (twee) and Product B (twine).
    Now, let's say Product B made $100 a day for your company.
    Product A, on the other hand, only makes $10 dollars.
    From a practical standpoint, you would continue Product B.
    In this case, the money is symbolic of the user appeal.
    Since more people like Twine than Twee, Twine would continue, while Twee wouldn't.
    t
  • It's still possible to use text editing, just takes a bit of setup.

First, open the Twine story GUI editor, and create lots of passages and do all your css, javascript etc.

Then publish to file.

Then open your html file up in your favourite text editor and just plug your text in the passages.

This does bring some advantages over the GUI. Namely it can be faster to work with, there's no chance of random passage deletions, and you're saving to a local file rather than using browser memory.  You would need to be familiar with HTML writing though.
  • fractoluminous wrote:

I would stick with twee forever except that some of the new features that i'd like to use don't seem to be available for twee.

Which new features do you mean?
  • SahibdeepNann wrote:

Well, think of it this way.
    Let's say you were a company.
    You had two products, Product A (twee) and Product B (twine).
    Now, let's say Product B made $100 a day for your company.
    Product A, on the other hand, only makes $10 dollars.
    From a practical standpoint, you would continue Product B.
    In this case, the money is symbolic of the user appeal.
    Since more people like Twine than Twee, Twine would continue, while Twee wouldn't.

However, any smart company would choose both products to generate maximum money.