Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adding images to Twine 2

I wanted to see if everyone else feels as strongly as I do about making an easy way to add images to your games in Twine 2.0.

Comments

• But it isn't hard is it?
  • I don't know a way at the moment, if you could tell me that would be great! Sorry if this thread turns out to be irrelevant.
  • The main thing is that images must be where you tell Twine they are.

The easiest way is to download a copy of Twine to your desktop, and run it locally. Then keep the images in the folder you reference.

I'm not familiar with the Harlowe syntax, but in SugarCube for example it's this:

[img[images/map.jpg]]
    Here, "images" is the subfolder in the folder where you have the Twine run file.

This won't add the images into your passages blueprint construction view, if that is what you were asking, but I think that's a bad idea all round due to the performance issues it has. I don't want it to be trying to load up 50mb of images whenever I open the editor.

If you just want to reference external images from another website, then you do that in much the same way as embedding any image into a website. Even YouTube embed code works in Twine.
  • And for now, you can embed them in the HTML this way. (Yes, adding image embedding natively is an issue in the Twine 2.x issue queue.)