Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

editing capabilities: meta data, favicons, etc…

This is more of a feature request, unless someone knows an answer to what Im talking about

As I have been finishing up a project, I began to realize that a special passage that handles <head> info would be handy. Currently, every time I publish a file, I have to edit the HTML to add a meta description tag as well as favicon code. Being able to do this directly in Twine would save a lot of time.

Thanks,
Tim

Comments

• Sounds like something that'd be covered by this proposed format.js extension feature: https://bitbucket.org/klembot/twinejs/issue/70/extend-formatjs-specification-so-story

(Which is probably to say that it'll happen, just not anytime soon. You're likely best off continuing to do it that way.)
  • i know one thing to do this. in your story javascript, add this

$('head').append("<meta name='description' content='This is my description about my game'>");

$('head').append("<link rel='stylesheet' href='//maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.3.0/css/font-awesome.min.css'>");
    the first one is adding meta description and the second one is adding font awesome support for my game, you can add as many as you want to head tag using this method
  • Ah, cool! Ill try that.

Thanks!
  • Update: While the jQuery method should work, it doesnt I tried it both with and without $(document).ready(function()).

Any ideas why?