Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issues with automatically progressing passages…

Hi,

This one has me scratching my head And maybe theres a better way to do this?

In PassageA, I have something like this:
(if: $playerHealth > 0 and $monster1Health > 0)[Do stuff]

(elseif: $monster1Health > 0 and $playerHealth <= 0)[(set: $variable1 to false)(goto: "PassageB")]

(elseif: $playerHealth > 0 and $monster1Health <= 0)[(set: $variable1 to true)(goto: "PassageC")]
In PassageB, theres this:
(link: "PassageD")[(set: $variable2 to true)(goto: "PassageD")]
Everything works concerning the first if statement in PassageA. But when its time to trigger either of the elseif statements, I get taken directly to PassageD, without going to B or C.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Is there another way to automatically progress to new passages?

Thanks!
Tim

Comments

• I just tested this in a dedicated environment and its working fine Maybe Im doing something wrong. Ill delete this thread if I find that this is my mistake.
  • I couldnt figure this one out, so I attached the functionality to a button that was nested in an if statement. If anyone else experiences this, please post here.
  • Which version of Twine 2 were you using, because your code example works correctly with the version of Harlowe that comes with 2.0.4
  • Im using 2.0.4 And, yes, the code works. Just not where I want it to. I think Ive boiled it down to some sort of corruption within the passage (or a typo that I havent been able to find for three days). In any case, I was able to come up with another solution that works just fine.

Thanks, though!