Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

question from a noob here

Hello,

So like i said i'm kind of new to all this Twine thing and decided to try making a game, but as with anything new I try i'm maybe way over my head ;)

So I've created a "StoryMenu" which contain an unfilled bestiary and a character info page but I would like to hide it in the first 2 pages as they are the intro and i don't want them to be apparent on those pages. So the question is how can i do it or is it even possible? I looked on the forum and on the wiki and didn't saw anything that seemed to work for that purpose.

My story will contain different character with their own story arch, so could I do that the char info page only list the info for the current character could it even be possible?

Oh nearly forgot i use twine2 with sugarcube and i know nothing of programming or the like so please be very simple in your answer or explain a lot so i can understand these kind of thing

than you

P.S. english is not my first language so i'm sorry if some sentence doesn't make sense.

Comments

• You can use a variable to control when your menu gets displayed.

1. In your StoryInit passage add the following:
    (note: the StoryInit passage is where your should be initializing all your variables.)

<<set $showmenu to false>>
    2. In your StoryMenu passage wrap your menu code in an <<if>> macro like the following:

<<if $showmenu>>
    Your menu code goes here!
    <</if>>
    3. In the first passage you want to start seeing the menu add the following to the top of that passage contents:

<<set $showmenu to true>>
  • Thank you that worked quite well.