Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Passages not displaying properly

I'm making a new adventure and suddenly certain passages are reverting to previous drafts, and I can't see why.

I have a passage that reads like this:

CEU5m3mXIAAPxBx.png

and in previous drafts it was working fine, but now when I test it, or publish it to HTML, it reverts to a previous draft which looks like this, where I'd used text instead of an image:

CEU5nKEVEAEAa_4.png

(The game is set in a library and I've been putting in images from the books you encounter).

Any thoughts where I've gone wrong?

Comments

• This is properly bonkers. It works ok if I test it from the passage itself, but if I play through the game it reverts to the old one. Something to do with my browser cache? (I'm doing this in Chrome).
  • Have you published the game to play it from the compiled HTML file?
  • @MattFinch: which operating system (brand, version) are you running Chrome (version) on?
  • Try running Twine in another browser and import your published html file into Twine from that browser.

Opera is very similar to Chrome.
  • Hello all --

Yes @timsanoff I had the same problem with the compiled HTML file as with the test.

@greyelf I'm running OS.X Yosemite 10.10.2

@claretta - I switched over to Safari and this seemed to solve my problems, but now when I publish the file I get this....

CEVz0GrWYAAU7pr.png

How do I turn that back into an HTML file I can save and use...?

Thanks for your kindness and support in my ignorance ;)
  • What you are looking at is the HTML of your story, try using the web-browser File > Save As menu option to save that HTML into a file.
  • @greyelf - Cheers, I thought as much. Weirdly when I "saved as" from Safari, Safari wouldn't then reload it -- but Chrome would load the "saved as" file.

I am a bit bemused but this seems to have done the job.

Thank you *very* much.