Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tabs (modules) in Harlowe

Hay guyz!

I'm wondering, is there any way to organize modules with separate branches inside, or maybe tabs, like in exel? So I could create event or maybe some mechanics in this module.

If there is no such thing in Harlowe at this moment, will smth like dat be implemented in future? Thanx ahead :)

Comments

• edited June 2015
    This is how I do it. I write the events in their own passage each, then, say, I have 3 of them, and want them to be random.

It can be done with the random or either statement, depending if you use numbers or the passage names.
    This one works by having each passage tied to a number in the same variable and deciding between them with a random "dice".
    (set: $variable to (random: 1,3))
    (if: $variable is 1)[(goto: "passagename")](elseif: $variable is 2)[(goto: "passagename2")](elseif: $variable is 3)[(goto: "passagename3")]

Now, I have never tried the next one myself, but it should work. It will take

This one works by deciding if it should give you a random happening, then taking you to either of those passages.
    (set: $variable to (either: "yes", "no"))

(if: $variable is "yes")[(goto: (either: "passagename", "passagename2", "passagename3"))]

I'm not from an english country, so ask if I messed up my explanation.
  • I believe that @ennead was asking about how to organize a Story's modules (sets of passages) within the Twine editor.
  • greyelf wrote: »
    I believe that @ennead was asking about how to organize a Story's modules (sets of passages) within the Twine editor.
    Exactly. So, currently, there is no way to organize twine editor using tabs?