Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twine 2.0.5 questions

2»

Comments

• edited June 2015
    klembot wrote: »
    @kurona_bright, that should be fixed in 2.0.6.
    The original issue does seem to have been fixed for all story formats, however, there's a new error when trying to interact with any clickable in SugarCube:
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'match' of undefined
  • greyelf wrote: »
    Your original comment mentioned "ie. do you need to create a passage called StoryName or StoryTitle to set your story's name?", and it was this rather than markup links that I was talking/asking about. *smile*

Same applies there as well, right? They all respect the story name set in the UI.
    klembot wrote: »
    @kurona_bright, that should be fixed in 2.0.6.
    The original issue does seem to have been fixed for all story formats, however, there's a new error when trying to interact with any clickable in SugarCube:
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'match' of undefined

Let's continue this discussion on the bug tracker.
  • So, I'm kind of new to this, but I can't seem to get the locally hosted version of SugarCube to work. The documentation page has a download, but the zip doesn't seem to contain a .js file for the format. I found another download on motoslave, but it says
    "Download the current local/offline version of SugarCube for Twine 2: (n.b. Temporarily removed pending reexamination of the process post-Twine 2.0.5. I'll try to have this back up, ASAP.)."

Is this something that I just happened to look for at exactly the wrong time, or will it be a while before a local version of SugarCube is available again?
  • klembot wrote: »
    That said, I do think 2 improves on 1 in the sense that is usable on many more platforms -- tablets, and I believe it's a lot easier to install on Linux as well

This was one of the main improvements of version 2 for me. Running 1.4.x on Linux requires version WxPython version 2.9.5 which isn't available in the Ubuntu repositories. It'll run with the version that's available, but it crashes if you just look at it funny.

The offline web version is a lot easier to run, but having my work just stored in the browser crash was worrying.

So having version 2 as a standalone program, which runs without any external dependencies, but which stores any work in the file system is, for me, the best of both worlds.